Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My review of "The Lion & the Mouse" By, Jerry Pinkney

I decided to review a children's book.  Miles and I loved this book. It is the classic fable of two unlikely friends. There are literally hundreds of editions of this classic story. What makes this edition extraordinary is that it is word-less. The illustrations tell the story. We "read" it together and I may have enjoyed it more than Miles. There is nothing better than watching their minds at work. He was using context clues and making educated guesses about how the story would play out. The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous.  We got this one from the library but it is totally worth buying. I would recommended it for any preschooler.  A younger child may also appreciate the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment